There are some very famous drama and performing arts schools in the United States. Many of these schools get more applications than open spots at the school and use an audition process for acceptance into their performing arts program.
Most schools require the performance of a monologue during the audition, some may also require you to sing a song. Requirements for the audition will vary from school to school.
An advantage of going to a prestigious acting school is that the schools have good relationships with casting directors and agents. Often times agents are invited to attend performances and see the students before they even graduate.
Here is a list of links to the best known acting schools in the United States.
- FSU/Asolo Conservatory for Actor Training
- The Academy for Classical Acting
- The American Academy of Dramatic Arts
- Beverly Hills Playhouse Acting School
- Boston Conservatory: Music, Dance, Theater
- Boston University, School of Theatre
- Carnegie Mellon School of Drama
- Chapman University: School of Film and Television
- EMAS: Los Angeles Acting School
- Emerson College: Performing Arts
- FSU: Film School
- Illinois Theatre Center Drama School
- The Juilliard School, Drama Division
- Marymount Manhattan College: Theatre Arts
- Loyola Marymount University: School of Film and Television
- Meisner Center Acting Training
- California Institute of the Arts, School of Theater
- The Meisner Technique School of Acting
- The New School for Drama
- New York Film Academy
- New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts
- Stella Adler Conservatory
- SUNY Purchase, Conservatroy of Theatre Arts
- Regent University: School of Communications and the Arts
- The True Acting Institute
- University of the Arts Philadelphia, PA
- University of California at Los Angeles UCLA
- University of Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music Drama Department
- University of Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music Musical Theatre Department
- University of Southern California: School of Theatre
- University of Washington: School of Drama
- Wake Forest Department of Theatre and Dance, website
- Yale School of Drama
3 thoughts on “Acting Schools in the U.S.”
E-mail me if you want to know more. I am hard working and dedicated. I do have expirience so please consider me.Thanks!
I would love to sign up for acting. Since I was little always used to watch a lot of tv . I wanted to act but where I live, there is no chance nor opportunity to accomplish anything. Please help me make it far.
I WANT TO ACT. FOR MORE INFORMATION. EMAIL ME, THANK YOU AND YOUR WELCOME.