Disney Casting directors will be holding open tryouts for kids and teens!
Every year the Disney company, Disney Channel and Disney XD do an open casting call for new talent. Historically, the event took place in the spring but beginning last year they seem to have moved it into the summer. Today, Disney announced that their annual auditions will be held in the Los Angeles area this July.
Disney Channel open call 2014
Los Angeles – Saturday, July 12th 2014.
Loews Hollywood Hotel located at 1755 North Highland Avenue, Hollywood, California 90028.
All kids who would like to tryout for the network need to be in line and registered by 1PM that day in order to be seen. Registration will be open from 9AM to 1PM.
The company holds this event every year and the auditions allow talent from various parts of the United States a chance to come and tryout for Disney Channel casting directors without the need for agency representation or an appointment. There is never a fee to participate and this is the official open call.
Disney Channel & Disney XD are looking for new and undiscovered talent between the ages of 10 and 17 for consideration of being cast in any of their new shows that are currently in development. This is not for any specific role or project, this is a talent search.
Texas has been a popular state for Disney Channel tryouts and in previous years they have held the event in Kansas City, Richmond VA and Austin. This will be the first time in as many years as I can remember that the tryouts will be held on the West Coast. The location and date has not yet been announced but we will keep you updated as soon as it is. The location and date for the 2014 / 2015 tryouts will be announced any day now.
Disney Channel is searching for kids and teens who have an interest and hopefully a talent that involves acting, singing and dance. The casting call is part of their effort to find new talent for upcoming shows and series. This is also a good way for people that do not have an agent to get that Disney audition and show off what they got to the casting directors that make the big decisions about who gets cast in their new shows and movies.
So, If you want to get discovered… here is your chance!
As always, kids cannot go there alone. All kids trying out must come with a parent or guardian. You do not need to have an agent or any kind of representation, but if you do, it is alright and they will see you as well.
What to expect:
- Expect to have to wait for sometime to be seen. There will be thousands there all waiting for their shot.
- You will have to register on arrival.
- You will fill out an application which will serve as your short resume and give casting directors some background on you.
- Once you arrive and register, you will be given a 1 page application form that will serve as a sort of resume. The application will ask for things like your name, your contact info, your parents contact info, where you live. You will need to write in any experience or special talents you may or may not have (experience is not required).
- If you have an agent or manager and other background info about you.
- You will also most likely be given a short script to memorize that you will be using to audition with.
- You will be waiting for sometime so be sure to come prepared with water, drinks, snacks, etc.
- Once you are called into the audition, you will have only about 1 minute to impress the powers that be. Yes it’s a very short tryout but they have to see 1000?s of others that same day. So be prepared to dazzle in 30 seconds or less.
So, if you know you have the skills, talent and ambition to be the next big breakout Disney Channel star, keep an eye on this page for the location and date details and get ready to wow them.
BTW, if you don’t live in L.A., the studio is holding online auditions for their new film Disney’s “The Jungle Book”. I believe you may have a few days left to apply for that project and you can live anywhere because it is being held online through video submissions.