nickelodeon casting call for 2012 shows and Victorious
Victorious is a sitcom created by Dan Schneider for Nickelodeon. Dan Scneider is also the creator of other poular Nickelodeon shows such as All That, Kenan & Kel, The Amanda Show, Drake & Josh, Zoey 101, and iCarly.
The series revolves around aspiring singer Tori Vega (Victoria Justice). Tori Vega is a young performer who attends a performing arts high school called Hollywood Arts.
The cast on Nickelodeon’s Victorious includes the following actors:
- Victoria Justice as Tori Vega
- Leon Thomas III as Andre Harris
- Matt Bennett as Robbie Shapiro
- Elizabeth Gillies as Jade West
- Ariana Grande as Cat Valentine
- Avan Jogia as Beck Oliver
- Daniella Monet as Trina Vega
- Jake Farrow as the voice of Rex Powers
How they got cast:
Some of the actors who are in Victorious are not new to Nickelodeon or the creator of Victorious Dan Schneider.
Victoria Justice did a lot of work before Victorious. She was cast on Zoey 101 and also had roles on iCarly. Victoria Justice also appeared in True Jackson VP, The Naked Brothers Band and The Troop. Daniella Monet also had a role on Zoey 101.
Leon Thomas was a guest star on iCarly and he has some movie credits under his belt such as ‘The Color Purple’.
Elizabeth Gillies had some experience from a musical. Only 1 cast member had no prior acting experience or credits before getting cast on Victorious.
Even though Victorious did really well with viewers, it did get a bit of criticism for being too much like iCarly.
Despite the criticism, Victorious did get nominated for some awards in the U.S. and the UK, including 1 Emmy nomination. Unfortunately, the series or its actors have yet to win.
List of awards the show was nominated for:
- Teen Choice Awards – Choice TV Breakout Show
- Teen Choice Awards – Choice Smile
- J-14’s Teen Icon Awards – Iconic TV Actress
- UK Kids Choice Awards 2011 – Nick UK’s Favourite TV Show
- UK Kids Choice Awards 2011 – Nick UK’s Funniest Person
- 2011 Kids’ Choice Awards – Favorite TV Actress
- Imagen Awards – Best Young Actress/Television
- 63rd Primetime Emmy Awards – Outstanding Children’s Program
- ALMA Awards Favorite TV Actress – Leading Role in a Comedy
Nickelodeon does not hold many open casting calls, but has in the past. A couple years ago, Nickelodeon had a casting call for a new show in Los Angeles and New York. Later this month Nickelodeon will hold an open casting call for teens in New York City. They are casting a new show for next year 2012 and are looking for teens who can play middle school kids.
So if you want to audition for nickelodeon, you just need to keep your eyes open for casting information. You too can be the next Victoria Justice.