If you are looking to be seen by a Disney casting director, here is your big chance. The Disney Channel and Disney XD have announced their official casting call and audition for projects that are coming up this year and in 2013.
Every year, the Disney Channel hosts one or 2 cattle calls for upcoming projects. Casting directors hold an event to meet with potential new child stars and their parents. The first such event has just been announced and it will be held in Kansas City at the Kansas City Convention Center on May 26, 2012.
These open calls are not meant to fill any specific role or none that that they wish to release, they are designed to scout new, young talent that they can later cast into their new shows, pilots and original movies that are in the works.
These annual cattle calls give hopefuls who do not live in Los Angeles a chance to meet with Disney representatives and show them their talents. In 2004, Selena Gomez was scouted at one of these events and she went on to become a huge Disney Channel star that appeared in multiple Disney projects, shows and movies.
Last year this event was held in Austin Texas and a second event was held in Richmond. For 2012, Kansas City is the only one that has been announced so far and we do not know if there are plans for a second one later this year.
Here is the Disney Open Casting Call 2012 Information:
Saturday, May 26, 2012
9AM to 3PM
Kansas City Convention Center
301 West 13th Street
Kansas City, MO 64105
The Disney Talent search is for kids and teenagers who are 10 to 18 years of age or at least appear to be within that age group. Representatives are looking for kids and teens who can act, sing and dance to be considered for upcoming shows and as guest stars in existing shows such as ‘Pair of Kings”, “Dog with a Blog”, “So Random”, “Austin & Ally”, “Bits and Pieces” and many others.
Please note that all kids must be accompanied by a parent or guardian and those that are not, will not be able to audition.
What to expect at the Disney audition
- When you get there there will be a long line to wait in. Historically, 1000′s of families attend these cattle calls and there will be very long lines to wait in. To make sure that you have a chance to be seen, make sure to arrive as early to the opening time as possible.
- Once you arrive and register, you will be given a 1 page application form that will serve as a sort of resume. You will need to provide information such as where you live, how to contact you, Your experience in acting, dance and music. Any special training you have received in acting, dance or singing. Also, if you have an agent, you will need to provide contact information for your agent or manager.
- You will also be given a monologue that you will be expected to do for the casting directors and representatives that you see. The monologue will be short. Last year people reported that the entire audition took about a minute.
- You may be there all day, so be sure to pack a few snacks and anything you may need to be there for hours.
- As always, There is never any kind of fee for the official Disney auditions. The only fee that you will need to cover will be your parking and parking at the convention center will be $10.
Please also note that many families arrive from out of town and if you need a room for the night, you should probably reserve that as soon as you can.
Again, there is NO fee – this is the Official Disney tryout where you will meet with Disney reps and talent scouts that are looking for new talent.
Disney has also announced a few new series that are in the works for 2012
- Gravity Falls - set for the summer of 2012
- Code 9 – set for the summer of 2012
- Dog with a Blog - set for the fall of 2012
If there is a second event that becomes scheduled later in 2012, we will update this page to keep you updated.