Disney Channel Auditions for Kids and Talent Search is on for 2013 and 2014.
The search is on this July!
The network just announced that the open casting call will be held in late July in San Antonio Texas. If you have always dreamed on turning on the TV and seeing yourself in one of their shows, here is your chance!
Disney Channel and Disney XD do an open casting call every year around the spring. This year they changed it up a bit and are holding the annual event in the summer. The late scheduling made some rumors fly that maybe there will not even be a Disney / Disney XD casting call in 2013, but we can lay those rumors to rest now and be assured that, yes, it will happen.
Texas is a popular state for Disney Channel tryouts since this is their second time coming to Texas in the last few years. Previous casting calls were held in Kansas City, Richmond VA and Austin Texas.
As in previous years, Disney Channel is seeking kids who are 10 to 17 with an interest and hopefully a talent that involves acting, singing and dance. The casting call is part of their effort to find new talent for upcoming shows and series. This is also a good way for people outside of California to get that Disney audition that they have been dreaming of and maybe even land a very coveted spot on one of the very popular shows already on air or to be considered for new and upcoming projects that the rest of us don’t yet even know about.
If your dream is to be a Disney Star like Selena Gomez than this is a chance that can’t be missed because the next tryouts will most likely be held a year from now in 2014. You can see the details of the last one they had here.
The Disney Tryouts for 2013 are coming to San Antonio Texas.
The open casting call is scheduled for
July 27th 2013 and July 28th 2013 from 90AM to 1PM.
The 2 days are setup by last name. All talent whose name begins with A through M will need to tryout on July 27th. All talent whose name starts with N through Z will need to tryout on Sunday, July 28th.
The Disney Channel and Disney XD casting directors are looking for talented kids who can act, sing, dance or do all three that would like to be considered for future Disney Channel series, movies and productions.
Open Casting Call for Disney / Disney XD 2013
Saturday July 27th 2013
Sunday July 28th 2013
9AM to 1PM on both days.
Please be sure to make it to the proper date for your name as the schedule is based on last names. A-M and N-Z.
San Antonio Texas Marriot Rivercenter
101 Bowie Street,San Antonio Texas 78205.
All talent and their families are advised to park at the public parking that is next to the Mariot because parking at the Marriot will not be available. As is prvious years, the event will surely be crowded. Thousands of kids and their families come to the tryouts so make sure that you get there in time to be seen. All talent will have to register when they get in and then wait for their audition time. It may be a long wait so come prepared with water and snacks and whatever you may need to get through a long wait in line.
You must have a parent or legal guardian in attendance with you. No one who is under the age of 18 will be allowed to audition alone. This is the official Disney / Disney XD casting call and as always there is never any charge to tryout.
If you are planning on coming from out of town, please make sure to reserve your rooms early since these events have been known to get many out of town visitors and rooms at the hotel will fill up quickly.
Kids with and without agents are all welcome to come and tryout.
What to expect:
- Expect to have to wait for sometime to be seen. There will be thousands there all waiting for their shot.
- You will have to register on arrival.
- You will fill out an application which will serve as your short resume and give casting directors some background on you.
- Once you arrive and register, you will be given a 1 page application form that will serve as a sort of resume. The application will ask for things like your name, your contact info, your parents contact info, where you live. You will need to write in any experience or special talents you may or may not have (experience is not required).
- If you have an agent or manager and other background info about you.
- You will also most likely be given a short script to memorize that you will be using to audition with.
- You will be waiting for sometime so be sure to come prepared with water, drinks, snacks, etc.
- Once you are called into the audition, you will have only about 1 minute to impress the powers that be. Yes it’s a very short tryout but they have to see 1000′s of others that same day. So be prepared to dazzle in 30 seconds or less.
This will probably be the one and only Disney Channel talent search in 2013 so If you can’t make it out to San Antonio Texas in July, you may have to wait until 2014 when they will be going to a different city. The last event that was held was over a year ago and it was in Kansas City.
So check out some of your fave Disney Channel stars in this promo video: